new Qtopia image

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Tue Nov 27 09:33:38 CET 2007

I just uploaded a new Qtopia snapshot image to the downloads section of
Qtopia.net. This introduces the new Cruxus mediaengine, which has a few
plugins already, which include libmad, tremor (ogg) and timidity, for
.wav, .mp3, ogg and .mid file support.

If you want to compile this yourself, you will need a Qtopia 4.3.1
snapshot from today or tomorrow (depending on when the snapshot gets
uploaded to Oslo) edit the devices/ficgta01/configure file and change
the line:
-eval 'if ( &$helix_visref() ) { opt("qtopiamedia") = 1;
opt("mediaengines") = "helix"; }'
-qtopiamedia -mediaengines cruxus.

I suggest using this mediaengine for Qtopia instead of gstreamer, as it
works, and is GPL'd. You can, of course, compile the Helix backend for
yourself, which also works.

Feedback is welcome.