SIM card read/write [was Re: SIM Card Copy]

Nkoli coomac at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 15:55:27 CET 2007

On Nov 27, 2007 9:02 AM, Alexey Feldgendler <alexey at feldgendler.ru> wrote:

> I don't know what exactly you mean under a "SIM card reader/writer", but
> the phone itself is a programmable device with a USB port and a SIM card
> slot. What other hardware do you need?
>
> A previous post indicates that he's looking at ways to get a second sim
card in the picture.

I think it must be cumbersome to carry around a usb sim card reader that you
attach and deattach each time you need the second sim. Might as well stick a
compact second phone with a second sim card in your
backpack/glovebox/storage unit and use bluetooth to link to the second card.
Twould be instantaneous... always connected and no wires to mess around
with. If symbian can do this, openmoko should be able to as well.

Alternatively, you could pick up dual sim card
holders<http://cgi.ebay.com/9th-2-In1-GSM-Dual-Twin-SIM-Card-Adapter-no-cutting_W0QQitemZ330172115493QQihZ014QQcategoryZ146493QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem?refid=store>on
fleabay.