new Qtopia image

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Wed Nov 28 06:50:08 CET 2007

Krzysztof Kajkowski wrote:

> Wiadomość napisana w dniu Nov 27, 2007, o godz 9:33 AM, przez Lorn Potter:
>
>> I just uploaded a new Qtopia snapshot image to the downloads section
>> of Qtopia.net. This introduces the new Cruxus mediaengine, which has a
>> few plugins already, which include libmad, tremor (ogg) and timidity,
>> for .wav, .mp3, ogg and .mid file support.
>
> Thx for giving us notice! I am wondering if you could help me on some
> quirks that holds Qtopia one step back from being perfect :)
>
> - Is it possible now to dial numer while viewing calls list (i.e. missed
> calls). In last image you could not do it from there - you had to select
> open contact, find desired number and select it to call.

This bug has not yet been fixed. Will keep an eye on it, though.

> - How to turn off predictive keyboard? I want to use this keyboard (it
> is very nice to use with fingers) but I do not want to use english words...

When in some edit field there is a downarrow icon to the left of the
battery status icon, you can use to switch input methods. I believe
predictive keyboard is scheduled to use other (languages) dictionaries,
but I am not sure.

The sources are open, so anyone with enough interest could make it that way.

> - How can I use Sync Agent for qtopia 4.3? I couldn't find any
> pre-compiled version (source either). It would be perfect that I could
> find version for MacOS X.

I think Qtopia Sync Agent will only sync with Outlook. The docs are
sparse and I have submitted a bug report about it.

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, MES, Trolltech