SIM card read/write [was Re: SIM Card Copy]

Cailan Halliday chocolate.usa.chan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 18:22:14 CET 2007

Having a feature like this is not going to create a higher incidence of SIM
theft, the technology is already out there (there are even software programs
that can steel much of your key info out of the air), knowing that, you
should just watch where you put your phone and keep tabs on your cellphone
account, if you see unusual activity freeze your data services. I think this
would be a great feature to have if it were not illegal, this is debatable
of course, but OpenMoko might not want to get into such a situation. I think
a SIM copy for contacts should be included. As far as multi SIM calling
support, how about a dual SIM slot with one inside (your home one) and a
slot you can access from the outside, like a SD slot, for changing SIM you
use in other areas.

-Cailan