Can openmoko and FIC help the Redux model 1?

andy selby andyfrommk at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 28 23:41:11 CET 2007

At a recent conference the hosts gave away a free iPhone to its
attendees but they were annoyed that they couldn't buy them in bulk
and other things, long story short for the next conference they have
proposed designing and building a completely open Internet tablet.
http://www.o2con.com/thread/1045

One of the designs uses the neo1973 and openmoko as its base
http://itredux.com/blog/2007/09/17/openmoko/

They seem to have some seriously heavy hitting sponsors (especially if
they can pay for a full price iPhone for each conference attendee).

I left a message on the blog to contact Sean (hope that's alright), I
should have mentioned something about enlightenment on the neo because
they seem to like iPhone like eye candy.

With their money and FIC/the openmoko community's experience we could
do for Internet tablets what we're doing for phones.