/. : Feds Have Access To Cellphone Tracking On Request

t3st3r t3st3r at mail.ru
Thu Nov 29 09:24:22 CET 2007

> i wholeheartedly support this open platform that gives its users the control
> to turn -any- of its radios on or off at will (of the operator...).
This will not help too much.Either you're not in the network or network should be aware about your location.When someone calls you, network have to select a proper Base Station to enroute call to your mobile, don't you think so?If network has no idea where you are, there is no place to route call.Call fails with "subscriber is not available, blah-blah-blah" message.Simple?;).Surely all this can be (ab)used.But I see no any realistic way how to avoid this completely.At very most, it is possible to relax things a bit but you can't avoid tracking completely because this means network is unable to route incoming calls to your phone.

So...
- If you're just an average Joe, relax and enjoy by your 'democracy'.Total control.Sounds so democratic, isn't it?That's how democracy works, after all :P
- If you're an IT pro and really willing to do something unfair, you're probably know how to avoid this dumb issue anyway ;)