Michael Shiloh interview on The Linux Link Tech Show

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Thu Nov 29 20:01:07 CET 2007

On Nov 29, 2007, at 1:24 PM, Ben Burdette wrote:
> I was relieved to hear that 850 mhz seems to be a sure thing -
> according to the interview there will be two versions of the phone,
> one for the US (or other 850mhz countries) and one for the rest of
> the world.  I assume the US version will be delayed compared to the
> 900mhz version, but still great its news.

Oof.   Personally, even though I live in the U.S. I'd probably rather
have a 900MHz phone than an 850MHz phone because I can get pretty good
coverage here even without 850MHz, whereas in Europe it's going to be
difficult for me to know in advance whether or not a particular SIM
card I might buy at the airport will work well for me without 900MHz
coverage.

I guess it's probably impossible for the GTA02, but quad band really
is a key feature.