GPS driver for GTA01 available

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 20:27:03 CET 2007

On Nov 29, 2007 4:58 PM, Shawn Rutledge <shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've already tested it, and (subject to my limited ability to read raw
> NMEA) it works.  Tonight I will probably spend some more time testing
> with some sort of GUI app.

It does seem to stop working sometimes, after running for a while.
The processes (gllin and gpsd) are still running but no more NMEA data
comes out (which I check by running gpspipe -r).  Late last night
after I got pyroute working I went for a walk down the street to see
if the red dot would move, and it went a little nuts for a while (had
me traveling very fast to a point several blocks away) then stopped.
When I got back home I reconnected via ssh and did gpspipe -r and it
was not emitting any more data.  The same thing happened this morning;
I powered up the phone (but did not start pyroute), watched it get a
fix, had breakfast, came back and gpspipe -r was not emitting any more
data.