need someone to develop this....

Ian Darwin ian at darwinsys.com
Fri Nov 30 22:35:19 CET 2007

> If Bob (or Alice) hands his (or her) phone to the other, then if both
> phones are shaken in the same hand, the acceleration pattern might
> provide an extremely unique yet similar signature, not unlike exchanging
> an encryption key.
>
> So if you want to establish a trusted relationship with another Neo
> user, the two phones are shaken together until the software indicates
> that you have generated a complex enough pattern that has been
> recognized on the other.

Michael, this is (I think) brilliant!

We could call it... "the handshake" (OK, anyone who doesn't know why
that's funny, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handshaking).

I wonder if we could do an Neo-iPhone handshake the same way? I heard
something about Apple finally releasing an SDK for the iPhone :-)
(Please, no follow-ups to this jibe, except off-list!).