Bricked Neo

Bob Black riblack-moko-community at
Mon Oct 1 04:46:08 CEST 2007

On Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 12:00:41PM +0200, Ole Tange wrote:
> On 8/22/07, Mark Chandler <mcl at> wrote:
> > I ran a "nand erase" when I was a bit tired and have killed my phone.
> >
> > Anyone in Sydney with a debug board that I can use to resurrect it?
> When you unbrick it, maybe you could document the exact commands you
> have to run? I think it might be handy for people to have a short
> how-to on converting a brick to a fully running system without having
> to read all details on all the programs.
I bricked my phone with a (bad?) uboot image a couple of weeks

After I unbricked it, I threw together a high level wiki article on
my user page.

Maybe it will help.

#1 time waster for me was that the openOCD package I found
on Harald's page required an autoconf
build tweak to support libftdi.

Also, it wasn't clear from reading the (original) Booloader
wiki page that "foo.bin" meant lowlevel_xxxx.bin

(Harald seems to have updated the Bootloader page to make
it more clear, not sure about the .deb package.)

Bob Black