Acoustic feedback

Lorn Potter lpotter at
Tue Oct 2 01:42:38 CEST 2007

Michael Welter wrote:
> I was making some test calls using the Neo and Qtopia.  When I performed
> the echo test (+13034144978 x820) I got repeating echos (like you see
> with two opposing mirrors).

I used a wrong alsa state in the Qtopia tech preview image, which has an
echo problem (sidetone), which I think might be this.

> This has been on the list before, but OM will not send DTMF digits after
> the call has been set up.

This is a bug in Qtopia. Comm guy loved that one. Has been fixed.

> Also OM is not able to make calls after
> returning from sleep mode.

Known bug. Still working on this one. For whatever reasons, the modem
starts spitting out junk characters.

> And I think the calls are not disconnecting
> properly--if the Neo is disconnected while the called telephone is
> ringing, the called telephone continues to ring.

I haven't seen this one.

I am going to issue a snapshot update, since I got audiostate switching
fixed in Qtopia.

Thanks for your feedback!

Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, MES, Trolltech