Possible Input method -- press and drag

Derek Pressnall dpressnall at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 22:31:11 CEST 2007

On 10/2/07, Robin Paulson <robin.paulson at gmail.com> wrote:

> i think this has been done already, sort of. see:
>
> http://www.micropp.se/openmoko/

That looks similar to what I had in mind (and may end up being the
same in actual use), but I wasn't thinking of having an additional
popup graphic when you hit a key.  Instead, hitting and slightly
dragging to one side or another should probably cause the key icon to
perform an animated wiggle in that direction, which would probably be
less distracting than the popup splash graphic.  Also it wouldn't
require you to move your finger as far, it can start in the middle of
the key and move just a bit in the required direction instead of off
the button and to another popup button.  Also wouldn't require a bunch
of additonal reserved space around the outside buttons (bottom and
side rows) for the popup splash graphic.