No Camera???

thomas.cooksey at bt.com thomas.cooksey at bt.com
Sat Oct 6 21:02:54 CEST 2007

>> >A survey on The Register (UK site) had camera at the lowest required
>> >feature with about 25% of people saying they need one and 25% saying
>> >the couldn't care less.
>>
>> Do you have a link? I can't seem to find it. Also, The Register's readers
>> are hardly representative of the mobile phone market!
>
>http://www.theregister.com/2007/06/25/mobile_devices_who_decides/

LOL! The survey is about business users, what's more it's aimed at purchase managers buying phones for their employees. Not very surprising they don't want to give their employees camera phones! I'm amazed so many listed it as desirable.

The question asked was:

"Thinking across your mobile user base, how desirable are the following features in a handheld device for data or mixed use".

I really don't think you can use the results of this survey to back up the argument that *consumers* don't want cameras on their phones. Although that said, it is an important result - Your boss doesn't want you to have a camera on your corporate phone.