3G status within the US?

Thomas Wood thomas at openedhand.com
Mon Oct 8 22:58:37 CEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-08 at 13:51 -0700, ian douglas wrote:
> The version number on my TMobile SIM is 39.01a and does NOT work. My
> AT&T SIM is listed on the wiki within the range of serial numbers that
> will not work.
>
> I'm disappointed that this isn't something that's field-programmable. I
> feel like I wasted the money buying this phone since it's just a
> glorified calculator at this point. Yes, I know it's still a 'developer'
> phone, but when I can't even jump into the code to help solve this, it
> sorta defeats the purpose.

Hi Ian,

How new and up-to-date is the software on your phone? We have tried a 3G
card in one of our Neo1973s (in the UK) and it worked without a hitch.

If you can't get it to work with OpenMoko, it might be worth trying
Qtopia to confirm whether it is more likely an issue with software or
the hardware.

Regards,

Thomas

--
OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/