3G status within the US?

Thomas Wood thomas at openedhand.com
Mon Oct 8 22:58:37 CEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-08 at 13:51 -0700, ian douglas wrote:
> The version number on my TMobile SIM is 39.01a and does NOT work. My
> AT&T SIM is listed on the wiki within the range of serial numbers that
> will not work.
> I'm disappointed that this isn't something that's field-programmable. I
> feel like I wasted the money buying this phone since it's just a
> glorified calculator at this point. Yes, I know it's still a 'developer'
> phone, but when I can't even jump into the code to help solve this, it
> sorta defeats the purpose.

Hi Ian,

How new and up-to-date is the software on your phone? We have tried a 3G
card in one of our Neo1973s (in the UK) and it worked without a hitch.

If you can't get it to work with OpenMoko, it might be worth trying
Qtopia to confirm whether it is more likely an issue with software or
the hardware.

OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/