Keypad for fingers, not stylus

Michael Bowerman michael.bowerman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 15:20:32 CEST 2007

Hi,

It might be worth reusing/reimplementing SCIM or other multilingual
dictionary system (http://www.jw-stumpel.nl/stestu.html) instead of T9.  I
have used SCIM with Gnome on Ubuntu Linux to convert pinyin to mandarin.  I
think SCIM also plays nice with X, and I assume it would not be too
difficult to make it convert "number-speak" to English.  So, the hardest
part would probably be building the dictionary, and getting the whole thing
to build and fit on the phone.

Regards.

_bowerman