Usability team?

london cowgirl isntthatjesus at
Fri Oct 12 16:14:19 CEST 2007

Hi Justin & Thomas

I think the investment made into the UI is extremely important and valuable (well done, Thomas).

Shall we put together a usability team so these user centered design efforts continue?

I'm a usability expert and would love to get engaged on a mobile device project.

We could do personas, interviews, usability tests, etc...

Any takers?

Carla White

----- Original Message ----
From: Thomas Wood <thomas at>
To: List for OpenMoko community discussion <community at>
Sent: Tuesday, October 9, 2007 1:38:46 AM
Subject: Re: Usability team?

On Mon, 2007-10-08 at 23:31 -0700, Justin Wong wrote:
> Hello! I've been really interested in interface usability and design
> since I've been taking this HCI course at my university.
> I've been interested in and following OpenMoko development a little.
> I'd love to know if and how I can get involved with the OpenMoko
> project with respect to interface usability and design. Is there a
> specific team that does this sort of work?

Hi Justin,

The current (2007.2) GUI was designed at OpenedHand by myself and a few
others. I wrote about some of the design decisions here:

If you have any specific questions though, please let me know.

OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices -

OpenMoko community mailing list
community at