Bi-weekly OpenMoko community update

Jan Dittmer jdi at l4x.org
Sat Oct 13 18:17:38 CEST 2007

Hello Michael,

it would be nice to have some info about this white screen of death
plus vibrator which is affecting some people. Especially if that
is a hardware or software problem. It's pretty annoying and generally
happens if you want to show someone the phone :-( I cannot remember
any official statement on this issue - which is kind of sad.

Thanks,

Jan

Michael Shiloh wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have some updates for you, and a question.
>
> First the updates:
>
> The GTA01 units that were shipped in the past two weeks have satisfied
> the back orders for GTA01. There continues to be demand for GTA01 so we
> are building some more.
>
> GTA02 Wifi hardware has been working for about a week, so work can
> proceed on the driver, which is currently in a pretty minimal state.
>
> We're very happy with the u-blox/Atmel ATR0635 GPS Receiver, and thus
> have made the decision to use this chip.
>
> GTA02v3, the third revision of GTA02, is still being verified and
> tested. This will take another couple of weeks, at which point we'll
> make GTA02v4.
>
> Now the question:
>
> We want to make it easier for developers to work with OpenMoko. We
> realize that many of our resources (e.g. wiki, website, development
> tools) are decidedly not user friendly at the moment and that other
> resources (e.g. documentation) are missing. I'm going to start putting a
> lot more energy into this, and I'd like to hear your thoughts in general
> and in particular what should be tackled first. You may reply either to
> the list or to me personally, as you wish.
>
> Sincerely,
> Michael

Jan