Bi-weekly OpenMoko community update

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Sat Oct 13 19:46:05 CEST 2007

> this means that gta02v3 has bugs?

  .. it means that the hardware is going through rigorous testing
before it gets reproduced in large numbers.  Certainly, hardware can
have bugs .. the difference is that its very hard to fix these bugs
'at the user' once the hardware is shipped.

I'm quite happy to hear that there are revisions of the GTA02 design
already going through the validation and testing process.  I've
worked recently for a hardware manufacturer who believed they didn't
need to make such stages (too expensive, too much hassle) and believe
me: it was a nightmare.  I'll be quite happy to wait an extra month
for my GTA02 (for sure getting one) if its been through this much
quality control and design review ..

j.

;
--