I'm new in this list

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Sat Oct 13 20:12:41 CEST 2007

Ryan Prior wrote:
> Nope, no trick. QTopia just doesn't have support for power saving on
> Neo1973 last I heard, so the battery you're life is the battery life
> everybody's getting. It is an issue that will be resolved, though.

It does have support for resume/suspend. We just turn it off by default
because the modem seems to go wonky. If you do turn on suspending, you
just have to restart Qtopia to make phone calls/sms again.

As far as I know, this seems to effect Openmoko as well, unless I am wrong.

> On 10/13/07, *Joseph Heenan* <joseph at picsel.com
> <mailto:joseph at picsel.com>> wrote:
>
>     Graham Williams wrote:
>
>      > However, I have been using the Neo as my main phone for making and
>      > receiving phone calls and messaging for a couple of weeks now using
>      > the Qtopia image (
>     http://www.qtopia.net/modules/devices/openmoko.php).
>
>     Possibly silly question, but how did you manage this? For me, the qtopia
>     images seemed to completely empty the battery within about 5 hours
>     without even making any calls so I feel I'm missing an obvious trick :)
>
>     Cheers,
>
>     Joseph

Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, MES, Trolltech