Bi-weekly OpenMoko community update

Thomas Wood thomas at
Sun Oct 14 17:14:09 CEST 2007

On Sat, 2007-10-13 at 18:17 +0200, Jan Dittmer wrote:
> Hello Michael,
> it would be nice to have some info about this white screen of death
> plus vibrator which is affecting some people. Especially if that
> is a hardware or software problem. It's pretty annoying and generally
> happens if you want to show someone the phone :-( I cannot remember
> any official statement on this issue - which is kind of sad

I believe a white screen at boot normally means that the CPU is on, but
the boot loader has not run. Where have other people mentioned this

OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices -