Bi-weekly OpenMoko community update

Jan Dittmer jdi at l4x.org
Sun Oct 14 18:37:04 CEST 2007

Thomas Wood wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-10-13 at 18:17 +0200, Jan Dittmer wrote:
>> Hello Michael,
>>
>> it would be nice to have some info about this white screen of death
>> plus vibrator which is affecting some people. Especially if that
>> is a hardware or software problem. It's pretty annoying and generally
>> happens if you want to show someone the phone :-( I cannot remember
>> any official statement on this issue - which is kind of sad
>
> I believe a white screen at boot normally means that the CPU is on, but

It seems the problem happens if the battery is at a very specific load
level. If I let the battery drown, take it out for 1-2 hours and put
it back in, the neo slow charges for 6+ hours until I can finally
turn it on again.

> the boot loader has not run. Where have other people mentioned this
> problem?

At least:

Erik:
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/device-owners/2007-August/000187.html