Some feedback from using the neo as a phone for a day

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 06:38:12 CEST 2007

Also spracht Kero van Gelder (Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:03:08 +0200):
>> I noticed that too.  Maybe the panel applets process needs to run under
>> a supervisor that will restart it?
>
> Nah, they (or one of them, since I think it's one application) should
> simply not crash.
>
> Supervisors add complexity that I do not desire.

I beg to disagree.  It's impossible to be absolutely sure it won't crash,
since we're open to users installing random stuff there.  And I think the
"complexity" of a supervisor is at least trivial.  Making sure the phone
never becomes partially unusable is much more important to me than the
tiny difference in complexity a supervisor would add.

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
                           -----
personal:                    http://lalo.hystericalraisins.net/