NetBSD/evbarm NEO1973 netboot (roadmap)

Noud de Brouwer noud4 at
Thu Oct 18 22:29:15 CEST 2007

>Congrats! What are your plans to integrate this and to provide more drivers?

Christos and all,

obvious a certain person needs cvs commit ;) to integrate

plans..what i'd like to see is:

-debug usb_add and my usb_add setup..
 i crash after some minutes (but that's just the emulator side)
-debug the boot on real hardware
 i don't have any but, 1 person does testboots and has different results.
 so far he's done them w/o console, but he's getting closer to his debug
 there maybe having console.

we're now at the point all tooling is there.

-hope to get an X desktop this weekend or at the least know how much
 wscons wsdisplay there is using lcd0.

-usb keyboard for wscons wskbd should be there(?)
 but usb keyboard on a neo-on-the-go looks a bit i'll try touch
screen first

-NAND file system has been mentioned a few times in
 and recently in
 so i stay off that
 whilst ..
 is a good starting point ;) and would be doable if i succeed the
 but/and mind.. already multiple people have stated they have
 private implementations willing to share .. so we could have nand soon

-(SDHC) sd card
-agps, audio, gsm/gprs

-vibrator, backlight, accelerometer, etcetera

-pkgsrc additions

think it's an interesting target (personal) machine w/ much modern appliance
so others should join-in. (could be a hackaton subject,
and good pr ..NetBSD endorses OpenMoko and Neo1973 in a week)