"state of the project" message sent upon subscription

Pietro "m0nt0" Montorfano monto84 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 07:36:52 CEST 2007

Michael Shiloh ha scritto:
> Jeff,
>
> That's a great idea. I'll look into implementing this.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael
>
> Jeff Andros wrote:
>

>> What about creating a "state of the project" email that is sent on
>> subscribe, kind of a welcome to openmoko, here's what's going on: a 2
>> minute blurb to bring people up to speed, and reference them to the
>> appropriate wiki pages to find out what else they need?  This would
>> need to be kept reasonably up to date, probably revised after every
>> big announcement, and after the bi-weekly emails.

Hi all, it could be also a good idea to have something like this
http://madwifi.org/roadmap
(done with this http://trac.edgewall.org/     software)
to keep anyone updated about the project. Not intended to use it as a
roadmap with dates and deadlines, but used as a TODO list, so anyone
could see that the tests with GTA02v3 are on the way and that the
development of OpenMoko is at this state, the gps is not working
actually and so on.
I don't think that every possible customer will subscribe to this ml,
some of my friends didn't (we will buy some Neos to split the shipping
tax) and when i said that the neo will be out (we hope) on december/jan
it was a news for them.
So a simple roadmap or also a TODO list web page could be interesting to
see which are the steps for the project and have a general idea of
what's going on.
I like ml and i prefer them, but you can't subscribe to any ml to get
information about all project you are interested in.

What about this idea?

It could be updated by the subscribers of this ml, so the guys from FIC
could concentrate on testing and noone will "have to do" that because it
could be annoying for a developer to "write sw, debug, write to the ml,
change road map status,...." (at least it could be annoying for some devs).

See Ya

Pietro

[ot I'm from Erba italian friends :D [/ot]