Homebrew Open Phone

Doug Sutherland doug at proficio.ca
Mon Oct 29 09:29:51 CET 2007

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

>> Open hardware means availability of schematics and gerbers,
> Are they available for the Neo?

No, Neo is not open hardware either.
Even if it was it would not be easy to produce.
I have a reflow oven and could do it, but I think
it would end up costing just as much as buying one.

> Really open hardware would be if you get all the files to produce
> your own silicon :-)

Yeah, and the interesting thing about ARM is that is does start that way.
ARM is a fabless company, they only sell intellectual property.
Licensees actually buy the "source code" to the hardware.

If you want to make your own silicon ...grab this source hehe

Doug Sutherland
Proficio Research