SRC_URI arguments, how to

Pontus Oldberg frogger at x-game.se
Tue Oct 30 09:34:26 CET 2007

> On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 22:44 +0100, Pontus Oldberg wrote:
>> Sorry guys,
>> Here's a newbie questions. I have been trying to get bitbake to
>> recognize my imported project in the local overlay.
>>
>> I did the myhelloworld exercise which worked fine. Now I have created a
>> new directory with multiple sub directories containing source and header
>> files. When I run standard make on the base makefile in my structure it
>> works OK. When I try to build it with my MokoMakefile it seems my
>> project does not get copied to the work directory. Do I need to specify
>> every single source file in the SRC_URI variable or is there a way to
>> point to a directory structure and have all of it copied to the work
>> directory ?
>>
>> Regards
>> /Pontus
>
> What you could do is wrap everything up in a tarball and make SRC_URI
> point to it. Should work.
>
> Regards
> Sudharshan S
> blog: http://www.sudharsh.wordpress.com

Thank you,
Would I then have to have a script to pack my local overlay before
building the package ? Sorry for my confusion, I'm all new to this build
environment. How does everyone else do this ?
>From my point of view it would be easiest to be able to point SRC_URI to
my local overlay base directory and let it copy everything below and
including that point to the work directory and the build it. But i'm
guessing that there is something that I am missing here =)

/Pontus