Community Update

Joshua Layne joshua at willowisp.net
Wed Oct 31 20:53:14 CET 2007

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 12:01:30 -0500, Adam <krikstone at cox.net> wrote:
> The current neo1973 is not FCC approved to operate in the 850Mhz band.
> It would be illegal for FIC to sell the device in the US with it
> activated.  BT and PCS is the only approved band currently.
>
> http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/fcc_query.php?gc=EUN&pc=GTA01BV4

This is actually a little disconcerting, if true (and I looked at the FCC
site, I agree with your assessment, I just hope we're wrong)

_many_ areas in the US only have 850MHz GSM coverage - including my commute
to-from work, IIRC.  That would unfortunately be a deal-breaker for me in
the GTA02.

This is only for the GTA01BV4 though, I assume the GTA02 will have separate
FCC approval.

interesting site - I imagine this is where the initial news on the iphone
leaked... :P