Community Update

Michael Shiloh michael at
Wed Oct 31 21:10:02 CET 2007

Shawn Rutledge wrote:
> On 10/31/07, Michael Shiloh <michael at> wrote:
>> Yes. You do realize that it is a legal issue that has been holding this
>> up. But true, this is needed, and I'll find out what's going on.
> I thought the legal issue was resolved.

Sorry for the confusion. I went back and double-checked. There are a
number of legal issues.

The first legal issue was to allow for the distribution of the driver in
binary-only form. That was resolved.

The next issue was technical, and resulted from the switch from OABI to
EABI. That issue has a number of workarounds (wrapper, chroot), but
unfortunately all these technical solutions raise another set of legal

It is this second set of legal issues that we are in the process of