Two finger input methods (PyGTK demos)

Kristian 'kriss' Mueller kriss at
Sun Sep 2 15:22:16 CEST 2007

Lars Hallberg wrote:
> Kristian 'kriss' Mueller skrev:
> > Lars Hallberg wrote:
> >>

> I intentionally gave the text entry focus so the cursor was visible. But
> it's not worth the keyboard popping up :-) That means You tested it on
> OpenMoko? On a neo even? Very curious :-p

Yes, it's working on the neo - I took a screenshot, see

It needs about a second to pop up the keys once you touched a number.

> > For me it was hard to choose the right finger to tapping, so that a
> > second one could be used for actual selection.
> >
> > It's better to just move one finger and release it at the needed key.
> > Anyway I like the idea.
> That's the intended use. 'Two' in the subject means it was two demo's :-)

Ah I see. but its also working when you use a second finger to select while
the first is still ponting at the number...  :-)

> Yes... When one learn where the secondary keys are and can start the
> stoke immediately it should be pretty fast.

Maybe it would also be good to have a way to release the finger without
entering a key - "abort"

> I'm trying to speed it up so it be a while before Your fix comes out.

'looking forward to it :-)

/* Web:  | Jabber: kristian at        *
 * Blog: | MSN:    mueller.kristian at *
 * Wiki: | ICQ:    93248497                *
 * Tel:  0170/6692447        | GPG-ID: 164A9A11                */