How "snappy" can the Openmoko GUI get using GTK?

denis denis at planet-standard.de
Sun Sep 2 15:57:22 CEST 2007

Watching a lot of videos about Openmoko and the GUI I saw that it is
very slow and yards away from being "snappy". (regarding the application
startup and the acting inside an application) I know that speed is not
the priority thing in developement  at the moment but how fast and
"snappy" can the Openmoko GUI using GTK get? I'm looking at this from
the user point of view, I'm not a developer so it would be very
interesting to me what can be expected in the future. What are you're
expectations? Will it get as snappy as the old PALM Pdas had been?

I'm really looking forward for your answers.

Regards, Denis.