gpsd and AGPS

Luca Cabriolu luca.cabriolu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 11:34:27 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I am trying to understand how AGPS can work with gpsd daemon.
In my undestanding, when I have an UMTS/GSM module and a GPS module
supporting AGPS, I can retrieve Assistance Data for AGPS from UMTS/GSM.
I believe this can be done through an AGPS control software running on a
host processor.
All this collected Data should be passed to GPS module through gpsd, I
believe.
At this point I'd like to understand, if it is really possible to do it
through gpsd and in which way this can be done.
Someone please help me to understand the way in which AGPS actually works.

Thanks in advance,

Luca Cabriolu