Two finger input methods (PyGTK demos)

Lars Hallberg lah at
Wed Sep 5 03:53:17 CEST 2007

Josef Wolf skrev:
> On Sun, Sep 02, 2007 at 07:49:43PM +0200, Lars Hallberg wrote:
> [ ... ]
>> Not much faster I'm afraid, but a new version available at the same place:
> Lars, can you please explain what you mean how this new 12-chars-per-key
> system works?

Pretty simple, You have 12 key (3x4 array) and ether tap a key or press
it and drag to any of the other 11 keys - 12 functions. It's extendible
- If You add a column of keys You got 15 keys with 15 functions.
Actually plan on letting the user (and possibly apps) customize the
keyboard in part - that may include adding extra columns :-)

Over to Your problem. Your Python is probably to old. According to the
python docs (3.6.1 String Methods) You need python 2.5:

Split the string at the first occurrence of sep, and return a 3-tuple
containing the part before the separator, the separator itself, and the
part after the separator. If the separator is not found, return a
3-tuple containing the string itself, followed by two empty strings. New
in version 2.5."

It's probably more stuff that needs fresh versions. Sorry.