Apple is going to beat all competitors

Giles Jones giles.jones at zen.co.uk
Fri Sep 7 21:28:53 CEST 2007

On 7 Sep 2007, at 19:51, ian douglas wrote:

> Andreas Utterberg wrote:
>> Better to get it out now with more bugs, then later with less bugs.
>
> I disagree: having *any* noticeable bugs in a release product will
> bring
> a lot of criticism. Having "more bugs" just to get a release out the
> door will generate a lot of bad press about the efforts put in by
> everyone on the team, and will discourage a lot of people from trying
> the Neo.

Depends on the bugs. Data corruption/loss must not be present, always
failsafe.

Phone calls must always be possible, no call should ever be dropped
due to a bug.

Text messages should not be sent due to a bug (again, failsafe), I've
had this in a Windows Mobile phone where it repeatedly sent out the
same message due to a bug.

Cosmetic and minor bugs can exist in the product. No severity 1
(highest), 2, or 3 bugs.