Video decoding in GTA-02

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at
Fri Sep 7 23:55:08 CEST 2007

There, remembered to change the subject line...

pe, 2007-09-07 kello 14:33 -0700, Ted Lemon kirjoitti:
> On Sep 7, 2007, at 1:19 PM, Raphael Jacquot wrote:
> >> - At least several hours of H.264 playback.
> > possibly doable but I don't believe the current hardware can handle it
> The point here is that for the GTA02, if the video hardware supports
> hardware playback of H.264, we need a driver that allows us to take
> advantage of that.   You're right that it's a nonstarted on the
> GTA01, but that's okay.

It doesn't. It does one of the simpler MPEG-4 profiles, don't recall the
details. (One of the S-Media models does H.264, but no VGA.)

Can't really feel much pain for that, personally.

Mikko Rauhala   - mjr at     - <URL:>
Transhumanist   - WTA member     - <URL:>
Singularitarian - SIAI supporter - <URL:>