Yet another keypad idea

Giles Jones giles.jones at
Sat Sep 8 15:58:28 CEST 2007

On 8 Sep 2007, at 14:47, OJW wrote:

> On Saturday 08 September 2007 14:17, Giles Jones wrote:
>> I don't see how pressing three keys for one letter is faster than
>> predictive?
> As a contrived example, try typing "" using
> predictive
> text

For URLs you're best providing a custom method for entry yes.

For the web you can have a www button and a combo
with .com,, .org and others which the user can predefine. You
minimise typing that way and T9 does work for the domain name, you
can hold a button to produce a list of symbols (Windows Mobile does
this, it works quite well).