speeding up the flow of information

Sean Moss-Pultz sean at openmoko.com
Sun Sep 9 16:03:58 CEST 2007

On 09/09/2007 Ian Stirling wrote:
> Sean Moss-Pultz wrote:
> > On 9/9/07 clare wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Sean, and Michael and Joachim;
> >> Sorry for late reply, Mailout was broken.
> >>
> >> Pity this seems to have been submerged in mails about Apple.
> >> However I hope that leads to much more emphasis on the
> documentation
> <snip>
> > I couldn't agree with you more. We've been talking a lot internally
> about how to get the quality (and quantity) of our documentation
> increasing.
> >
> > Michael and Roh will both be working on this a lot in the (very)
> near future.
> >
> > If there are things that you would specifically like to see please
> let us know.
>
> Okaay.
>
> Hardware:
>
> Is GTA01 continuing to be produced?

Yes. We're actually making more now. Enough to cover all the existing
backlog of orders. Michael and Roh will help get more information out soon.

> In what volumes, and at what times are they intended to hit the
> web-store. (which still says 'This means that any orders placed now
> will not be shipping before September 10, 2007')

Unless something horrible happens they will ship around the end of next
week. So something like the 3rd week of Sept then should arrive in the
States.

> Does the December timeframe for GTA02v3 explained in
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo1973 make sense?

It's hard to say for sure at this time So this is why we've resisted
making any specific comments. Right now we're still verifying the
hardware. Things are looking very good. But Harald still has a few more
things to verify before we're ready to announce a schedule.

Michael or Roh will talk more about this soon, as well.

> Will GTA01 be available after GTA02 is introduced?

If there is demand.

> Software:
>
> A brief description of planned upcoming work.

Mickey is working on this. We've been hoping to release something for a
while now. But this GTA02 and the HXD8 stuff is eating _all_ our resources.

I hardly have time to reply to emails, let alone post on this list. :-/

> Wetware: One line per week of their best understanding of the state
> of their aspect of the project per dev.

Michael and Roh will do this. They are working on something now.

-Sean