AT&T is cruising for a bruising

Giles Jones giles.jones at zen.co.uk
Mon Sep 10 12:47:26 CEST 2007

Alexey Feldgendler <alexey at feldgendler.ru> wrote :

> This not because Apple or AT&T are evil. It's actually a bug (or call it a
> design shortcoming) and could happen to anyone.

I'd actually call it ignorance or lack of information from Apple. Apple like to make things simple even though the underlying technology is complex, this minimalistic approach often results in lack of feedback to the user.

OpenMoko should probably
> include some system-wide network access management that avoids huge
> roaming bills.

Quite simply, build in a data counter that you can enter the cost of a data unit and have the phone show you your costs incurred. But also be able to deny access to all or specific applications.

---
G O Jones