webkit do_compile failed

ian douglas id at w98.us
Tue Sep 11 02:21:25 CEST 2007

George Barta wrote:
> Looks like we must also remove
> build/tmp/staging/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/lib/libWebKitGdk.*
>
> Thank you for posting the fix, I've been stuck there for 2 days now :(

I got past this issue without removing the above-mentioned file(s).

Once I got past the webkit, I hit a similar issue with openmoko-terminal2:

rm -rf \
  build/tmp/stamps/armv4t-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/openmoko-terminal2*
make rebuild-package-openmoko-terminal2
make openmoko-devel-image

... and it worked like a charm.

I'm obviously a few months behind other developers as I've only had my
Neo1973 a few days, but why is it that we run into these compiling
issues and simply deleting the files and rebuilding the single package
will get us past the error? Is it that the package (in this case, the
webkit package or openmoko-terminal2 package) get updated while we're
running our 8-hour compiles?

-id