webkit do_compile failed

Alessandro Iurlano alessandro.iurlano at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 11:59:27 CEST 2007

> I'm obviously a few months behind other developers as I've only had my
> Neo1973 a few days, but why is it that we run into these compiling
> issues and simply deleting the files and rebuilding the single package
> will get us past the error? Is it that the package (in this case, the
> webkit package or openmoko-terminal2 package) get updated while we're
> running our 8-hour compiles?
>
> -id

My guess is that the fetch command for that package is executed at
some early point of openmoko-devel-image and the created directory has
the subversion HEAD revision number in its name. When hours or days
later the build command for that package is executed, the HEAD
revision number has changed and so does the directory name. Hence the
no such file or directory error. Removing the work directory and the
fetch and unpack stamps forces make openmoko-devel-image to download
an extract the package again but with correct directory name, at least
until other commits are made.
This way of directory naming is pretty new. A few weeks ago the dir
name was create with the date in it and this problem only affected
builds that lasted more than a day.

Alessandro.