The problem with touch screens

Alexey Feldgendler alexey at
Tue Sep 11 19:11:14 CEST 2007

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 19:02:47 +0200, Giles Jones <giles.jones at>

>> The point of the article is that touch screens lack the tactile
>> feedback that's inherent to physical buttons.
>> I wonder if it's possible to simulate some of that feedback using the
>> vibrator built into Neo.

> If the buttons are big enough and it beeps then it's not so bad.
> I wouldn't want the vibrating action to cause someone to drop the phone.

I once tried a mouse with tactile feedback (built-in vibrator). I could
actually feel the buttons I hovered the cursor over as being embossed; it
felt like moving the mouse over a non-flat relief rather than simply

Alexey Feldgendler <alexey at>
[ICQ: 115226275]