p2p/mesh cellphone network

Roger Borges vacatola at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 23:31:50 CEST 2007

It would probably be good in an outback setting where there are just a
couple of people who want to talk to each other, but four hops in a mesh
network is considered overwhelming for network reliability, so I don't think
this would work so well in, let's say, a cafe, or walking down the streets
of a big city. Unless some new protocols have arisen that I'm not aware of,
I don't think mobile devices yet have the processing power to communicate in
a thick mesh network, either.