2007.2 dialer suggestions

Joshua Layne joshua at willowisp.net
Wed Sep 12 20:55:17 CEST 2007

I saw some feedback on this at one point, but I have been unable to locate
the thread - so...

I like most of what I see in the 2007.2 dialer mockups, but there are two
glaring usabiliy issues in my mind.

One, the answer icon doesn't look that much different from the ignore icon:

Could there be a color shift here? maybe a green/red thing?  I know that
green/red is bad for color blind, but for those of us who aren't color
blind it would help (and I would argue that orange/orange is just as bad
for anyone colorblind (or not))

Two (and this was previously commented on), the hangup button should NOT
replace the answer button.

A suggestion would be to have the speakerphone button replace the answer
button.  Positional association with function can be very strong - it needs
to be intuitive.