3 requests/questions for Openmoko: DVB-T / Buddylist / Batman-Mesh

Giles Jones giles.jones at zen.co.uk
Sun Sep 16 21:19:31 CEST 2007

On 16 Sep 2007, at 19:51, Flemming Richter Mikkelsen wrote:

> To focus on tv support before movie playback support would be strange.
> Right now it is important to get the software fast and stable, and add
> basic support for sms, phone calls, etc.
>
> This is only my opinion.

Indeed and I've had a phone with TV and it was totally rubbish. It's
hard enough getting a decent phone signal on the move sometimes never
mind TV?

You also run into issues of licencing, the TV phone I used required a
licence fee each month, there's no way they would allow such a thing
to be open source compatible as people would be able to hack it.