3 requests/questions for Openmoko: DVB-T / Buddylist / Batman-Mesh

Giles Jones giles.jones at zen.co.uk
Sun Sep 16 23:40:09 CEST 2007

On 16 Sep 2007, at 22:16, Michael Schmidt wrote:

> DVB-T does not need any licence agreement, it is just terrestrial
> recieving on a phone.
> Therefore the display should be bigger... So this requires not a media
> player, but as well some hardware adjusting, a DVB-T Reciever chip and
> a bigger display.

It's DVB-H not DVB-T on a handheld. We've yet to see how each country
handles the system. DVB-T has conditional access for some channels in
the UK. Not sure about DVB-H.

There are higher priorities at this time. It needs hardware adding to
the phone which joins a large list of other things people are asking

Some people want media, some want messaging, others want compactness,
others wants gaming, others want GPS etc... To add all results in a
swiss army knife type phone, bulky.