3 requests/questions for Openmoko: DVB-T / Buddylist / Batman-Mesh

Michael Schmidt schmidtm524 at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 16 23:58:59 CEST 2007

> It's DVB-H not DVB-T on a handheld. We've yet to see how each country
> handles the system. DVB-T has conditional access for some channels in
> the UK. Not sure about DVB-H.

you missunderstood me, this is exactly my point, use DVB-T and not DVB-H.
There is the Gsmart T600 phone in my first mail linked, which has DVB-T.
It works, It works only not, i if you drive in a car with fast speed.
Only DVB-T allows an anonymous usage. DVB-.H has a back.channel and is
tracking users.
As well DVB-T2 Standard for high density Television is on its way...
so just DVB-T is needs for a start..

> Some people want media, some want messaging, others want compactness,
> others wants gaming, others want GPS etc... To add all results in a
> swiss army knife type phone, bulky.

Right.. but this is the approach to a modern IPhone: Phone, mp3,
5MP-Photo, and Television. Data flatrates offer Instant Messaging, and
for Afrika we get a Mesh network, which could be B.a.t.m.a.n... so we
need three subteams to do some research in these fields.. as I see,
that even the DVB-T Request has not been understood.. all users want
free TV and watch PPLive sports and not encrypted TV... with DVB-T
this phone would be ahead  of all... Why paying, if all the country
has terrestrial TV for Free?

So the request is indeed to make right from the beginning the display
a little bit wider to the ends and not rounded ends, but cutted edges
at the phone, so that a bigger display is possible...