Short guide how to run gllin with chroot

Ken Yale kyale at
Mon Sep 17 20:18:02 CEST 2007

I sent a GLLIN rebuilt for the 2007.2 toolchain to Mickey, and I believe
he is testing it.  To run it, you'll need a named pipe /tmp/nmeaNP
unless you specifically disable named pipes with the -np option.  I
believe Sean and Broadcom legal folks are straightening out the SLA/EULA
for the GLLIN and OMGUI.
About these exceptions:
1)  src/hal_linux_tt.c:1043: glcb_ExceptionAssert:
        This is from a very old version of the GLLIN, and won't happen
in the 2007.2 build.
2)  early exit(3) in halInit()/674
        To overcome hardware problems, there is the gllin option
        The GLLIN will perform an early "exit(3);" call after this
        It toggles GPIO lines to recover the GPS hardware, i.e. bring it
back to a sane state.
        In earlier GLLINs, this might have been one of the low-level
tests or training sequences with slighty different wording, and your
GLLIN operation instructions might have performed this step each time
you start the GLLIN as a safety measure.  This means that you'll always
have a cold start, so it is not encouraged for good GPS performance.
Best regards,
Ken Yale