Short guide how to run gllin with chroot

Bartlomiej Zdanowski b.zdanowski at autoguard.pl
Tue Sep 18 06:43:09 CEST 2007

Hello.

Ken Yale pisze:
> Hello,
>
> I sent a GLLIN rebuilt for the 2007.2 toolchain to Mickey, and I
> believe he is testing it.  To run it, you'll need a named pipe
> /tmp/nmeaNP unless you specifically disable named pipes with the -np
> option.  I believe Sean and Broadcom legal folks are straightening out
> the SLA/EULA for the GLLIN and OMGUI.
>
> About these exceptions:
> 1)  src/hal_linux_tt.c:1043: glcb_ExceptionAssert:
>         This is from a very old version of the GLLIN, and won't happen
> in the 2007.2 build.
Will it be available to OpemMoko developers at least as a binary executable?
>         In earlier GLLINs, this might have been one of the low-level
> tests or training sequences with slighty different wording, and your
> GLLIN operation instructions might have performed this step each time
> you start the GLLIN as a safety measure.  This means that you'll
> always have a cold start, so it is not encouraged for good GPS
> performance.
Will -recover option solve this problem or do I need newer version of gllin?

Best regards,
--
*Bartlomiej Zdanowski*
Programmer

Place of registration: Regional Court for the Capital City of Warsaw
Registration no.: 0000287629
Share capital: 1 059 000 PLN
Polish VAT and tax ID no.: PL1132219747
Omulewska 27 street