Buglabs

hank williams hank777 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 15:53:53 CEST 2007

On 9/17/07, Lalo Martins <lalo.martins at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also spracht hank williams (Mon, 17 Sep 2007 16:17:51 -0400):
> > I also think that using their stuff on openmoko would
> > be incredibly cool.
>
> I was kind of thinking in the opposite direction... running OpenMoko (the
> software platform) on their stuff :-)

I think it could go both ways but their software stack is much more high
level. Its java based and essentially each module looks like a webserver
that knows how to talk to the hardware. Openmoko is essentially a linux
distribution, and their stuff is really an API and communications model that
sits on top of a linux. Yest they have to do their own low level stuff like
openmoko, but they have an abstraction layer that openmoko doesnt. The other
thing is they dont have a cell module yet - just wifi.

Hank

Maybe if Buglabs is successful, FIC/OpenMoko wants to make a GSM