Qtopia coming for Neo1973

Giles Jones giles.jones at zen.co.uk
Tue Sep 18 18:00:51 CEST 2007

Michael Schmidt <schmidtm524 at googlemail.com> wrote :

> Hi, great news, but what does this mean?
> We need a posting of the projekt management, will Neo s Menue switch to QT?
> This means a GTK application will not work?
> Or: Any QT-Applicaiton will work now automatically?

Quite simply if you have an X server running and you launch an app using QT it will read the libraries and launch. Same with a GTK app.

Of course there may not be room in the ROM for both, but it's possible to install the libraries on a memory card and use a symbolic link or entry in the library path so they can be found.

Typically the argument for QT is ease of programming, there's a good IDE called KDevelop. GTK's argument typically is that it's GPL and faster.

OpenMoko should stick to what it is doing already.

---
G O Jones