OM Camera - a new angle

Ian Stirling OpenMoko at mauve.plus.com
Tue Sep 18 20:12:04 CEST 2007

Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 September 2007 03:27:24 Mikko Rauhala wrote:
>
>>Now, for the relevant part. I want an open digital camera. So, hey,
>>OpenMoko guys (or somebody else in the consumer device business and into
>>openness), when you're well on your way to having revolutionized the
>>mobile handset market, consider building one or twelve.
>

> I agree. And please add WiFi to it. I've been looking at WiFi cams lately, but
> after the article about some horribly insecure ones on Slashdot, I figured I
> want one that runs on open source...

Me too!
A hundred megapixel motion stabilised hovercam would be ideal.

It must have wi-max, and be able to fly up to several kilometers, to
take pictures for use with the OM mapping system.

Seriously.

I'd want several megapixels, ability to take at least several second
pictures, for use around dusk.
Optical zoom would be a big plus.
LCD size not hugely important.
Wifi and bluetooth would be a big plus.
USB-host too, to enable printing directly to devices, or offloading a
few pictures to someones memory card.

Have you seen the price of decent wifi enabled network cams?